So you’ve put your name down for your first duty roster, but you’re not sure what to expect?
Have a read below where we go through exactly what will happen when you help us out at a borrowing session.
1. You will receive a text message and an email reminding you of your shift and telling you where you need to go.
2. You will be rostered on with an experienced committee member. You won’t be thrown in the deep end, someone will be with you the whole time, guiding and instructing you.
3. You can bring your kids!
4. Your likely tasks include counting pieces, looking for accessories, sorting and organising.
5. You can nominate your preferred date when we open the roster, you can pick a date and time that suits you. If you don’t get around to logging on and rostering a shift, the Toy Library will allocate you a shift based on your preferred days (nominated by you when you signed up).
6. Missed out on a spot for the upcoming term? You will be one of the first people we call if a shift needs filling unexpectedly. Otherwise you will be top of the list for a spot in the subsequent term.
7. Can’t make it? It happens. Here’s what you do. Send another family member, if possible. Partners, grandparents, grown-up siblings are all welcome. If you can’t get a family member or friend to cover your shift, please let us know. It’s really important that we cover your shift.
8. Unable to commit to volunteering? You can pay a $50 annual surcharge to forego your duty requirement. To change your preferred dates, or to arrange to pay the roster surcharge you can Direct Message on Facebook or Instagram, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org